Please invite your undergraduate students to apply for Maryland Sea Grant’s Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Estuarine Science. http://www.mdsg.umd.edu/REU
Since 1989, NSF has supported bringing students to conduct individual research projects with a scientist-mentor at either Chesapeake Biological Lab or Horn Point Lab of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. This is a great opportunity to conduct research with a mentor and spend a summer by the Chesapeake Bay.
– Program Flyer download http://bit.ly/1icIKEw
– 12 week program: May 22 to August 12, 2016.
– $6,000 stipend plus housing and travel support to and from host institution
– Applications due: February 15, 2016
– Application and guidance http://ww2.mdsg.umd.edu/reu/apply/index.php
We select undergraduates in diverse disciplines, including engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecology and marine and environmental science.
We are particularly interested in supporting talented students from institutions where access to marine science and to research projects is limited and who are from underrepresented groups in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.