Please forward to students engaged and making an impact in leadership, public policy and community service activities:
Truman and Udall Leadership Scholarships Campus Application Deadline: November 19, 2013
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- 4:00 – 4:50 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013, 173R MGH
- 3:00 – 3:50 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, 173R MGH
- 1:00 – 1:50 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013, 173R MGH
The Harry S. Truman and Morris K. Udall Scholarships offer great opportunities to students actively involved on their campus and in their communities.
· The Truman is open to all juniors and seniors who expects to receive a baccalaureate degree between December 2014 and August 2015 and who wish to pursue graduate school in preparation for work in government and public service. The Truman Foundation awards selected students $30,000 for graduate school.
· Applicants for the Truman Scholarship must meet the following:
1. Must be in the upper quarter of their junior class;
2. Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national;
3. Has an extensive record of public and community service; and
4. Is committed to a career in government or elsewhere in public service,
· The Udall awards students who have a strong commitment to improving or preserving the environment or a strong commitment to Native American Tribal Policy and health care policy. The Udall Foundations awards selected students up to $5000 and honorable mentions of $300.
· Applicants for the Udall Scholarship must meet the following:
1. Must be a sophomore or junior at time of application;
2. Have a college GPA of a “B” or the equivalent;
3. Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and
4. Has an extensive record of environmental public and community services; and/or engagement in Native American tribal community service or Native health.
For more information, please see the Truman or Udall websites:
And check out the Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards webpage for the campus application process:
Mona Pitre-Collins | Director, Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards
Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity | 171 Mary Gates Hall | Box 352803
University of Washington | Seattle | WA 98195 | 206-221-6059 | Fax 206-685-7264