The Tillman Military Scholars program provides scholarships for undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree students in all fields who are active or veteran servicemembers, or spouses of active or veteran servicemembers, from all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. UW is now a partner university with this scholarship program, providing enhanced opportunities for our applicants and selected scholars.
Tillman Military Scholars Program
Applications due Feb. 15! UW information sessions Jan. 16, 17, 22!
The mission of the Pat Tillman Foundation is to invest in military veterans and their spouses through educational scholarships; building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. This is accomplished with the Tillman Military Scholars (TMS) program which purpose is to identify high-impact active or veteran servicemembers and their spouses and invest in their higher education, covering the needs left unpaid for by the GI Bill and other government support. The scholarship funds awarded are just a portion of the TMS experience which also focuses on guiding an engaged community and providing essential resources that empower Scholars to serve and lead in their local communities and ease the transition from military to civilian life.
In 2013, the Pat Tillman Foundation will provide over $1 million in funding to the 60 members of the 5th class of Tillman Military Scholars. The Tillman Military Scholars application will open on Monday, January 14. The deadline for applications is 11:59:59 PM PST on Friday, February 15.
UW information sessions:
- 10am, Wednesday, Jan. 16, UW1-361 (Bothell), RSVP to attend though drop-ins are welcome
- 12:30pm, Wednesday, Jan. 16, MGH 171 (Seattle), RSVP to attend though drop-ins are welcome
- 3:30pm, Thursday, Jan. 17, MGH 171 (Seattle), RSVP to attend though drop-ins are welcome
- 11:00am, Tuesday, Jan. 22, online session, Reserve your Webinar seat now at:https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/419871470
- Veteran and active duty military servicemembers
- Of both pre- and post-9/11 service
- From all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, including service in the National Guard and Reserve
- Spouses of active or veteran servicemembers
- Including surviving spouses
- Servicemember or spouse seeking assistance to pursue an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree as a full-time student at a public or private, 4-year U.S.-based accredited institution
Please see http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/tillman-military-scholars/ for complete details and online application.
UW is a TMS University Partner. Information for UW applicants is at http://expd.washington.edu/scholarships/search/search-results.html?page_stub=tillman
UW contacts for application assistance:
UW Veterans Services Contacts: