Hourly Student Office Assistant- Office of Student Services, Career Services
Job Dates: 1/5/2016 to 6/15/2016
Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 4, 2015
University of Washington Information School
UW Information School, Mary Gates Hall
Hourly or Work Study Office Assistant for Student Services, Career Services
Start Date: 01/05/2016
End Date: 06/15/2016 possible extension into summer and the next academic year
Deadline to Apply: 12/04/2015
The iSchool Student Services, Career Services team is looking for a UW student to provide general office assistance in the following areas:
• Reception coverage (answering phones, greeting/directing walk-in traffic, helping students make appointments, checking in student appointments, answering general questions)
• Assist employers and students with accessing the iCareers CRM system and answer questions that arise for job postings
• Manage iCareers job description entry, run reports and troubleshoot any issues that arise with the system
• Monitor the iCareers email box
• Provide assistance for event preparation
• Run occasional errands on campus
• Other duties as assigned
This position will work about 10 hours a week
• Must be a currently enrolled University of Washington student
• Experience in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word) and email required
• Experience working with a CRM or database system
• Must be highly organized, punctual, and reliable
• Able to work as a team member and independently
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to multi-task and/or prioritize multiple tasks
• Able to work with a variety of stakeholders including students, alumni, and employers
• Prior office and/or customer service experience
• Experience with Microsoft Access and/or Outlook
This position is open to all University of Washington students, both Undergraduate and Graduate. This position is not benefits-eligible. Questions should be directed to Dean Speer, HR Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-685-1327.
$12.98 – $15.65 per hour DOE.
1. Please include a cover letter describing your skills, experiences relevant to the position, and what day you are available to start working.
2. Attach a current resume that includes your work history and academic accomplishments.
3. If you have a workstudy award, please attach a pdf of your workstudy award.
iSchool students, please submit all application materials via iCareers and search for job number #3701.
Non-Information School students can apply through Husky Jobs and search for job #96803.
Please submit all application materials no later than Friday, December 4th, 2015 to be considered for this position. All candidates will be contacted within two weeks of closing date.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.