Do you want to have an impact on the future of STEM Education?
The STEM OUT program seeks to broaden participation in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math for youth from backgrounds historically under-represented in the STEM fields. We connect and support UW students and STEM professionals as mentors to high school students at TAF Academy (a public, STEM-focused school) in the South Seattle area.
Join the STEM OUT program to:
• Inspire students for their futures in STEM scholarship & careers
• Cultivate your expertise as a mentor and educator
• Build mentoring relationships with youth in the Seattle area
• Promote equity and learn about social justice in STEM fields
• Learn about the Next Generation Science Standards and K-12 curriculum development
STEM OUT will start in mid-October, with every-other-week mentoring sessions
(in-person or via Skype). Flexible scheduling and transportation provided.
Spaces are limited! Contact the Program Director (Elaine Klein, email@example.com)
to sign up or for more details.