Are you interested in learning more about the world of K-12 education?
Thinking of teaching as a possible career?
Would you like to make a difference in the life of a young person?
If so, check out the Inner Pipeline seminars offered by the Pipeline Project during Winter Quarter. Students attend a seminar and tutor in Seattle schools or community organizations for 2.5 hours or more (per week) for academic credit. There are a wide range of seminar topics.
Here is the comprehensive list of upcoming seminars for winter:
- General Issues in K-12 Education (EDUC 401B)
- Literacy in the Criminal Justice System (EDUC 401E)
- Refugee Communities (EDUC 401I)
- Education for Sustainability (EDUC 401K)
- Strengths Based Education: Serving the Underserved
- Math and Science in K-12 Education (EDUC 401 H)
- Literacy and Justice through Photography (EDUC 401 L)
- Philosophy for Children (EDUC 401 M)
- Environmental Alternative Spring Break (EDUC 401 P)
- COOL Science Education
- Neah Bay Project (EDUC 401N)
- Nonprofits and Education (EDUC 401S)
Details and descriptions for each seminar may be found on our website:
Please contact me at peichial or pipeline with additional questions. We look forward to working with students from every departments on campus.