|Washington Sea Grant is sponsoring a Marine Weather Workshop. Topics include:
- Relationships of atmospheric pressure and wind
- Determining the path and speed of squalls
- Strong wind systems found in the Northwest and offshore; how to avoid them
- Key features of low pressure systems
- How 500mb wind patterns can help you find “weather windows” for safe passages
- How do pressure gradients affect wind in Washington waters
- What is a computer model? How do they work and what can they give you?
- How to get NWS and associated weather, forecast and model data on your computer
WHEN Saturday, October 28 2017
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE Village Green Community Center
26159 Dulay Rd NE, Kingston, WA
Pre-registration required. To register or for more information contact Sarah Fisken, 206.543.1225, or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information download the full Marine Weather Workshop flyer (pdf).
Join the conversation: @WASeaGrant and Facebook.com/WaSeaGrant