Did you take intro to parasitology and can identify parasites? Want to visit Senegal?
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Collect data on parasites in various host species
The school’s Wood Lab seeks a Temporary Laboratory Technician 1 to support projects on the ecology of parasites in marine and freshwater ecosystems. Projects will: (1) identify drivers of diversity and composition for marine parasite assemblages, (2) reconstruct historical marine parasite assemblages, and (3) use ecological approaches to understand and control infectious disease.
See www.chelsealwood.com for additional information on these projects and links to published papers. Tasks to be performed by the Laboratory Technician will include:
– Parasitological dissections of fresh, frozen, and pickled marine fishes and
– Data entry, data QA/QC, and database management (10%).
– Assist with lab work for undergraduate capstone projects (5%).
– Field work, including sampling snails in freshwater ecosystems of Senegal
– Lab management (order supplies, manage inventory, ensure proper use and
maintenance of microscopy/imaging equipment and dissecting supplies) (5%)