The Dream Project is a student-run organization with over 400 mentors that support high school students in low-income areas in Seattle on applying to college and other post-secondary planning.
- Mentor students on the crazy process that is college admissions & beyond!
- You can take it for 2 credits or volunteer. For credit, register for EDUC 260 and EDUC 369 on your UW registration. To volunteer without earning credit, sign up here.
- Lecture (EDUC 260) is on Mondays from 3:30-4:20 or 5:30-6:20 and covers important content related to the college application process, mentorship strategies, and social justice. Counts for I&S credit.
- High School visits (EDUC 369) take place throughout the week at various times. There is also a high school breakout on Mondays 4:30-5:20pm
- Transportation to the 16 different partner schools around the area is PROVIDED!
- Meet awesome undergrads, find leadership opportunities, and make new friends!
- Average commitment of 4-6 hours per week.
- Writing credit available (see dreamproject