The following position is being offered at the Western Fisheries Research Center-Seattle, WA.
As a Biological Science Technician (Microbiology) in the Fish Health Section of the Western Fisheries Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Designs and completes laboratory experiments including the expression of recombinant proteins and characterizing immunological tools for freshwater fish.
- Test fish immune responses by quantitative RTPCR and flow cytometric analyses.
- Maintains complete experimental records, analyzes the data, and presents preliminary conclusions.
- Trains other staff in microbiological and immunological techniques such as QPCR, Western blot and ELISA.
- Prepares draft reports of work accomplished to be included in publications, reports, or presentations.
Salary: 43,900 (Step 01) to 57,113 (Step 10) plus benefits. Note: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Job location: Western Fisheries Research Center located in Magnuson Park.
All interested applicants are encouraged to see the official posting on USAjobs (https://www.usajobs.gov/). Position will be advertised starting June 5th and closing on June 9th.