I have attached a flyer with the basic information on where to apply and such. For some this could be a summer job in between college years, or it could be a path to work in the seafood industry. My main goal of reaching out to students in the fisheries department is to find people who have a passion the industry and who are looking for careers, whether that be in manufacturing, quality assurance, production etc.
•Process raw seafood products on-board our floating processors or land plants in remote areas of Alaska
•Duties include sorting, butchering, cleaning, weighing, and boxing various seafood products; may also include guiding products into automated machinery, and cleaning or sanitizing the work area. Other duties may also be assigned.
•The work environment may be cold, wet, and noisy, and will require the employee to work repetitively with hands, wrists and elbows while standing for up to 16 hours per day seven days a week.
•Work availability: May to September
•All Icicle Seafoods employees are required to wear protective safety gear and are responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe working environment for self and others.
• Must be available to work from May to September.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a basic understanding of the English language, including the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Processing employees must be able to walk quickly to designated areas in the event of an emergency, and must be able to follow emergency instructions.
• Able to work with seafood, including various types of fish and shellfish.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the work shift.
• Must follow all directions and adhere to work rules.
• Able to work and live with room-mates and others of diverse backgrounds in a confined area.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Required to don an immersion survival suit and be physically able to board the life raft or cross to another vessel without assistance in the event of an emergency.
• Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our website is:
Here is the where to apply if they may be interested: