I’m writing to provide information about the GO! and Fritz Scholarships for study abroad. Please share this information with students and colleagues! If your program has a Facebook page, please also like us at http://www.facebook.com/UWGlobalOpportunities.
The GO! and Fritz Scholarships are open to UW undergraduates from all three campuses and offer awards of $2000 – $5000 to support study abroad.
· The applications are online at goglobal.uw.edu.
· To apply for the GO!, students must be residents of WA state and eligible for Pell Grants or Husky Promise.
· To apply for the Fritz, students must be declared social science or humanities majors with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
The deadline for applications for the GO! and Fritz is April 25th at 5pm.
· Students studying abroad during summer, early fall, or fall 2013 should apply now.
· Students studying abroad in winter or spring 2014 should apply at our next deadline in November.
We’re offering information sessions, drop-in advising, and individual appointments to answer student questions and provide application feedback.
· Info sessions are Friday, 3/29 from 12:30 – 1:30pm and Tuesday, April 16th from 3:30 – 4:30pm in MGH171.
· Drop-in hours are Mondays 10am – 12pm and Thursdays 3:30 – 5pm in MGH171.
· Students are welcome to email goglobal to ask questions or set up an advising appointment.
We invite all students interested in study abroad (and advisers too!) to our next Study Abroad Meet & Greet on Tuesday, 4/16 from 4:30 – 5:30pm in MGH171.
· GO! and Fritz Scholars just back from their studies abroad will be there to talk about their experiences and answer questions.
· Delicious international snacks will be served!
Thanks for reading and for passing on this information. Attached are flyers for the GO! and Fritz Scholarships and the Study Abroad Meet & Greet. Please email me if you or your students have questions about these opportunities.
Have a great day!
Sara Stubbs, MSW
Global Opportunities Adviser
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity
Hear from GO! and Fritz Scholars on Facebook!