The College of the Environment Student Travel & Meeting Fund is now accepting applications for Winter Quarter Review.
Individual Student Travel to Meetings
- Students who are giving oral presentations of their original work (including co-authored work where the student is first author) are eligible to receive travel funding once per degree.
- Applicants must be matriculated students pursuing a graduate degree or undergraduate major within the College of the Environment.
- Maximums of $500 for North American travel and $750 for international travel
- To Apply:
- Complete the online Individual Student Travel to Meetings Application
- Submit the following to the Student Travel & Meeting Fund Dropbox
- Detailed budget proposal, using the Individual Student Travel to Meetings Budget Proposal template
- Budget Guidelines:
- Use the template to provide detail about your total estimated budget and funding sources. Where applicable, use UW meal and lodging per diem rates. To reduce costs, consider cost-saving measures such as sharing a room with a fellow student attending the conference or only requesting the amount necessary for meals or lodging (rather than the full per diem amount). The strongest applications will show requested or approved support from several sources. If you are only requesting funding from the College, please state the reasons why you have not applied elsewhere.
- Name your budget file using the format “LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Budget Proposal” before uploading to the dropbox.
Funding for Student Organized Meetings
- CoEnv will competitively award grants to student organizations for partial funding of interdisciplinary, student-run meetings at which CoEnv students are presenting original (including co-authored work where the student is first author) work. CoEnv also supports diversity-oriented student meetings.
- Maximum of $1,500 or 20% of total expenditures, whichever is smaller. Maximum one per organization annually.
- To Apply:
- Complete the online Student Organized Meeting Funding Application
- Submit the a detailed budget proposal using the Student Organized Meeting Budget Proposal template to the Student Travel & Meeting Fund Dropbox
- Budget Guidelines:
- The strongest applications will show requested or approved support from several sources (with can include registration fees). If you are only requesting funding from the College, please state the reasons why you have not applied elsewhere.
- CoEnv will not provide support for:
- non-student (including keynote or plenary speaker) attendance
- conference-organizing contractors
- within-unit annual student symposia
- individual travel
- Name the file using the format “MEETING NAME Budget Proposal” before uploading to the dropbox.
For details on either of these funding opportunities & tips for successful proposals, please visit:
Funding proposals are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Submissions should be planned such that travel can be accomplished within 6 months of the date of the award, otherwise the award may be retracted. Awards will not be granted retroactively for travel that has already been complete – please plan accordingly and apply for funding by the admission deadline prior to your conference or meeting. Submissions outside of these dates will not be considered.
Upcoming Submission Deadlines:
Winter 2016: 1/20/2016
Spring 2016: 3/25/2016
(Note that there will not be a summer quarter review cycle, so proposals for summer travel and meetings should be submitted for the spring quarter review period.)
Questions? Contact email@example.com