W.F. Thompson Award for Best Student Paper
Published in 2015
Nominations are open for the W.F. Thompson Award, which will be given by the American Institute of Fishery Research Biologists (AIFRB) to recognize the best student paper in fisheries science published during 2015.
The award will consist of a check for up to $1000 as determined by the Board of Control, a certificate and a one-year membership in AIFRB at an appropriate level. The requirements for eligibility are as follows:
(1) The paper must be based on research performed while the student was a candidate for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree at a college or university in the Western Hemisphere;
(2) The results of the research must have been submitted to the recognized scientific journal in which it was eventually published, or to the editor of the book in which it was eventually published, within three (3)
years of termination of student status;
(3) Papers that are nominated for the award must be concerned with freshwater or marine biological resources and/or fisheries science;
(4) The paper must be in English; and
(5) The student must be the senior author of the paper.
Nominations may be submitted by professors or other mentors, associates of the students, or by the students themselves. The submission package should include a letter of nomination, the student’s curriculum vitae
and a copy of the publication. Submissions in MSWord or as pdf documents are required.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is May 1, 2017.
The nominations should be sent to the Chairman of the W.F. Thompson Award Committee
Dr. Frank M. Panek
Fishery and Aquatic Health Associates
P.O. Box 379
Inwood, WV 25428
E-mailed submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org are preferred.
PLEASE CIRCULATE AMONG COLLEAGUES AND STUDENTS