Apply now to join the Husky Experience Student Advisory Council
Help advance the Husky Seed Fund, an award that brings to life innovative ideas by students that are inclusive, impactful, and inventive to the UW. Gain valuable experience advancing and managing a program that will impact thousands of students at UW.
What types of student-led efforts would improve the overall Husky Experience? What would inspire students to create such a project and apply for funding? You be the judge!
The Provost’s Office will provide the funding, basic structure and guidance for HESAC members to lead and advance the Husky Seed Fund. In work groups, members will: gain program management, leadership, and financial management skills; help fellow Huskies by shaping how dollars impact their ideas; and receive coaching from Provost’s Office staff on how to include this experience on a resume, talk about it in person and apply lessons learned and skills gained going forward.
Deadline: 5:00 p.m., October 31, 2017
This year the HESAC will be doing two things; selecting new projects and overseeing the three projects selected last year – Husky ADAPT, Speak Freely and UW OpenSidewalks. Members will participate in both of these areas.
To help you gauge the time commitment to HESAC, here is a schedule of activities:
o Bi-weekly whole group meetings – Tuesdays 3:30-5:30pm
- Autumn Quarter
- November 14 (Gerberding 156) & 28 (Gerberding 156)
- December 12 (Gerberding 156)
- Winter Quarter
- January 16 (Gerberding 156) & 30 (Gerberding 142)
- February 13 (Gerberding 142) & 27 (Gerberding 142)
- March 13 (Gerberding 156)
- Spring Quarter
- March 27 (Gerberding 156)
- April 3 *note schedule shift* (Gerberding 156) & 17 (Gerberding 156)
- May 1 (Gerberding 142), 15 (Gerberding 142) & 29 (Gerberding 100, CTL Commons)
o As needed – small group meetings between bi-weekly meetings
- To be arranged by small group members
- We are not able to flex meeting times, so please double-check your schedule to ensure you can attend at these times if you are selected. If so, please place holds for these meetings on your calendar now.
Student Advisory Councilmember Terms of Service
- Councilmembers will serve 1-year terms, with a possible 1-year reappointment.
- Council members will review and award seed funding to peers. They will not be eligible to apply for seed funding in the year in which they serve.
Questions? Contact Katy DeRosier at firstname.lastname@example.org